Hey there 😉 My name is Jessica and I am the author here at Hooks and Books! A little about me below:
- Birthday is September 2, 1984 (I am 34 years old)
- 3 kiddos. Michael is 12 (13 in August). Connor is 10 (11 in June) and Rosalie is 5 (6 on March 31)
- I have been married since March 31, 2007
- I have been crocheting since 2010.
- I have been blogging/in the website stuff since 2005
- I live in the Kansas City Metro.
- I am a HUGE Kansas City Chiefs football fan! Yes, Football is my favorite sport! I LOVE going to Chiefs games!
- I have worn glasses since I was in first grade. I have TERRIBLE eyesight. I HAVE tried contacts, but got such bad headaches with them I went back to glasses.
- I recently reinstated my account to sell Scentsy products!
- I am an animal lover! My favorite animal is a cat. I have 2! Sphinx is an overweight beast we got when he was 8 weeks old off Craigslist! McGonnagal (Maggie for Short) is my sons (Connor) Christmas Present from my brother & his wife.
It’s no secret this isn’t my first website/blog. I have had several, as I said before. Back in 2005, I got my first ever domain which was a space where I offered free Myspace Graphics. I made quite a bit of money doing graphics and selling them, as well as tagging graphics for other website owners.
In 2008, I opened my 2nd website, which was a blog. It was with this blog that I started using WordPress and I had to set it up manually instead of just hitting a button for one click set up as you can now! So I had to go through the FTP program that I used back then, upload it all, and do all this other stuff. I honestly think the first time I set it up it took me over 24 hours. I can honestly say that in that 24 hour time period, I shed a tear or two, I was getting so frustrated!
My previous book review blog was hacked and I lost everything, as was the other blog I had. I decided to combine them and do book reviews AND everything else in one place. Fewer fees when it came to renewing the domains and all that good stuff!
I knew I wanted to stick with book reviews because I enjoy reading so much, and I knew I wanted to incorporate my crochet in there somewhere, so I came up with Hooks and Books. I like it! And I hope you do as well.
One thing I want to continue doing with this blog is writing reviews and sharing them for you all to read! You never know whether I’ll have a giveaway attached to the end of the review so make sure you check them out! I also want to start doing product reviews! As I mentioned before, I am a mother and I have 3 kids. 2 Preteens & One almost 6-year-old going on teenager O.o
My husband and I are avid video gamers and I stream (occasionally – when the kids are in school for the quiet!) on Twitch.
But if you’re interested in getting a product reviewed, you can contact me to see about me reviewing your product! Just use the nifty form below!